[Harp-L] RE: Inexpensive Diatonics for Give-A-Ways (Tony Eyers)

Tony,

Great idea! I too have played a Happy Color and it wasn't that horribly
low-class. The younger folks will love the colors. I already checked with a
few wholesalers. The price is right in lower quantities so I am waiting for
quantity pricing. I think having the Hohner name helps a lot. As we have
been discussing; a give-away-harp is doubtfully expected to be a "good
one". It is easy to learn more about better models here on the internet.
Let's face it this is how the pump gets primed for the development of
serious players. For every 100 takers of a free harp my guess is that at
least 1 becomes a fanatic and another 6-12 take an interest beyond the
novelty of it. These are the future sales in the pipeline for
manufacturers, retailers, Harmonica Clubs and Organizations, teachers,
events etc.

One at a time I like to share the joy of the harmonica at any level. The
harp can be a pathway to much inner peace and a form of personal
expression. It is an amazing "friend making" tool. It makes incredible
music especially if you work hard at it.  All of these things happened to
me after my purchase of an FR Hotz Atta Boy harp @ Amato Music in West
Islip, NY in 1970.

WB