[Harp-L] Stereo microscope

  I am considering getting an AmScope Boom Arm Widefield Stereo microscope for reedwork.  Two decisions have to be made: 1) Should the working distance be 6 " or 9 "? and 2) is a 10x-20x power correct or should I go for a 40 power?

I'm thinking 6" would be just about right, considering I will be working on a short self-made light box and I'm afraid a 9" would make me stand up to see into it.  But would the 6" be enough room to actually work on the reeds?

I'm thinking a 10x power should be ok for most work then jump to 20x power for embossing, etc. http://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-20X-Boom-Arm-Widefield-Stereo-Microscope-/190812718855?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6d530707

 Without getting to try one, I'm not sure which would be the best.  Any suggesions will be appreciated.

Lockjaw Larry
Breathing Music daily
and fixing/tuning harps as required.