Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Cello and harmonica duet - Irish traditional
	music
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Nice! Especially considering that this was a transatlantic collaboration. Nice
tone and articulation on harmonica, Eugene!

Cello has been making inroads in Celtic music in recent years. For instance,
Natalie Haas' adaptation of chopping and other rhythm techniques to cello,
largely in her duo with Scottish Fiddler Alasdair Fraser, has tuned a lot of
heads. Meanwhile, cello classes at fiddle camps have mushroomed in size. Now if
only we could duplicate that with harmonica!

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa
ïïïïïïïïïïï Harmonica Basics For Dummies, ASIN B005KIYPFS
ïïïïïïïïïïï Blues Harmonica For Dummies, ISBN 978-1-1182-5269-7
Resident Harmonica Expert, bluesharmonica.com
Instructor, Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance