[Harp-L] Huntersounds v1 patch set for Zoom G3

Hi all,

I've been working away at creating a patch set for the Zoom G3, and this is a heads-up that you can expect to see one for sale within the next two months.  In order to take advantage of the Zoom's performance features, this set will be configured differently from my sets for the Digitech RP.  In particular, patches will be fewer in number and more heavily loaded with FX.  This is a good way to set up a G3, because unlike the RP, the Zoom lets you stack lots of FX in series and turn them off and on with dedicated footswitches.  Want something basic?  Turn off the FX.  Want something different?  Turn them back on again.  It's pretty much that simple.

As everyone knows by now, I try to maximize the price/performance curve for licensees, and the G3 offers a lot of performance for the price.  Because it runs on AA batteries, it's usable in performance situations where setting up an RP would be difficult; because it's a multi-FX processor, it gives you a lot of options when setup time is short and you can't drag a big rig onstage. This makes the G3 a very attractive piece for impromptu jams and sitting in.

I'll offer more information about the initial patches in the coming weeks.  By the way, I do NOT intend to offer patches for the Zoom MS-50G and MS-100BT.  The devices have nice specs and a good form factor, but Zoom isn't offering software support for them, meaning in particular that users won't be able to store and load patches from computer.  When your entire rig is embodied in a single device, the ability to back up and restore your setup is a must-have in my opinion, and I won't develop patches for devices that can't do that.  So no go on the MS-50G and MS-100BT.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick