Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Thunderbird Low F#

Seydel makes the low F# harp. I have several. I even have several hohner special 20's in low f# from before they discontinued them.  I like the Seydel 1847s and the session steel, I just like the Thunderbird for several reasons and was curious as to why they didn't offer all keys like Seydel does.  I know it's a business decision based on demand, but IMHO, if Hohner offers both the low F and G, they should offer the half step in between. But then again, I'm not CEO of Hohner.

The Thunderbird is a great out of the box harmonica, and I am happy with the few I have. I like the feel and the loudness and how nimble and responsive it is in the low keys, more so than the Seydel 1847 (which is a bit too thick for me) and the Session Steel is a good harp, but not nearly the harp that the T-bird is or the 1847.

I will see if I can get my hands on a marine band deluxe in low f#. and I'm going to fix up some of the special 20's that I have as well.

Ross Macdonald

Sent from my iPad