Re: [Harp-L] Re: Hohner Thunderbird low F#

I play a custom low F#.
I play with a guy who sings a lot of tunes in Db. It works great and some of the sweet crooner tunes.
All the best
Grant Dermody

On Mar 5, 2013, at 3:11 PM, Mick Zaklan <mzaklan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Steve Baker says nobody would buy a low F# harp.  I would in a second; I
use that harp to play in Bb (5th position).  I got tired of waiting for
Hohner's low Thunderbird harps and went to Seydel for my F#.  Anybody who
works with horn players would find an F# useful and not just for 5th
position work.  Plus, over the years I've run into recordings, turntables,
and tape players that have been a 1/2 step off.  Recordings that I've
wanted to play along with.  If you are going to make low pitched harps, you
may as well make them all.
  On the other hand, I told Brad Harrison that I was only interested in
buying a low F and F#  from him.  He assured me that he intended to get
around to making them later.  Fortunately he never did, because I would
have placed that order and we all know how it would have turned out.

Mick Zaklan