Re: [Harp-L] Broken CX-12 Comb

This is a delicate job. Insofar as some plastics don't take kindly to epoxy or polyester. But what 'I' would try is to glue IN a strip of plastic. And then I would file the plastic to shape. I think polystyrene coat hanger might work. Otherwise a sliver from a plastic hair comb. It would help to have another comb (OR another end) to use as a sight pattern.

I know this sounds involved. And it is. But the alternative is a new comb, which if I understand it correctly costs beau-coup Francs. A second (harder) alternative is to make a 'saddle'. Span the comb with a strip of metal. Cut the required notches and wind up with something resembling a letter ' I ' only with the little tails on the ends. Tails which the computer won't print. Just remember what a capitol I used to look like in school.

 The saddle can then be affixed by glueing to the reduced slot you made in the comb face. Note: You HAVE to notch the comb to provide clearance to the mouthpiece part.

smokey-joe