Re: [Harp-L] Cheap/Huang => so harp became a rich man's game (?)

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 1:20 PM, TedvA <knuppel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> And maybe try some embossing, tuning and customizing myself on a cheap
> harp. Ye never know...

By all means, DO try your own customizing, and you COULD start with a cheap
harp.

But very soon, after you've kinked a few reeds, begin working on those
"great middle" harps and see delightful results!

I played Huang harps a few weeks to save money in a working band. Didn't
help. Went right back to my Special 20's at the time.

Plus, a mixed harp kit (brands) gave me very DIFFERENT response to bends,
so my playing was inconsistent across several keys. The Huang gave in
easily to bends, but went out of tune faster than SP-20.

Since then, It's Lee Oskar all the way!

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam