Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 118, Issue 57

The only way to install screws on an Oskar (oh, and a good idea on any screws) is to back the screw AT the hole counter clockwise until you feel it make a 'bump'. The bump is the screws threads falling off of the entry threads in the plate. THEN you can turn the screw in the usual clockwise direction. What you 'may' have done is cut your own set of completely NEW threads across the existing threads that were already there. This would account for the excessive pressure you required to pull the harp together.

Remove the screws, coat them in turpentine, or other 'gritty' oil, and re-insert them. Failing a complete seal, you may have to go with gasketing the plate(s).

smokey joe.  (he once parallel parked....a ship, his passport country or origin reads....Earth. He is the most unforgettable character you will ever meet. ) lolol