[Harp-L] Letterman

i tuned into Letterman last night to watch Dale Watson, who is one of the best-kept secrets in music as far as national attention goes. As they came out of commercial break just prior to Watson, Letterman's longtime music guy, Paul Shaefer, was playing harp. I never knew he did that. I didn't hear much, but he did a solid note bend at the end. I was surprised.
On the thread about cheap harps. I have two thoughts. First. SP20s are damn good harps for me. Decent out of the box and really good after minimal tweaking. I have custom harps from at least three major customizers and, of course, they are excellent. But I can tweak a SP20 myself and make it play pretty good. Mine last a long time. I don't consider them cheap harps at all.
And I am surprised that Bushman has not entered this conversation. I have had very good luck with them and now, with the price of harps escalating so fast, the option of buying replacement reed plates for a Bushman is looking mighty appealing. Ditto with Lee Oskar harps, which last a long time, too.

Steve in Minn. where we have not had a rain-free week since last October.