[Harp-L] Tuning advice

Ive been tinkering with my harps a bit, and would like to try my hand at
retuning some of my richters to powerdraw and powerbender tuning.  I have
half a dozen or so that are good for me to destroy while learning if need
be.

Does drastic retuning like this require reed replacement, or can it be done
using stock reeds?

Also, I watched Richard's tuning vids demonstrating the file/scrape
method.   Ive heard mention of some other methods.   What is the most
approachable retuning method for someone doing this for the first time?