Re: [Harp-L] Cheap harps

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Timothy Kane <hawkeyekane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But the fact is that in a lot of harp players' cases, it's not so much a
> matter of acting out of a frugal nature. It's simply what they can or
> cannot afford.

Some perspective--
Gas is $4 a gallon, a box of cereal is too.
How much are cigarettes? Starbucks coffee?
Rockin' Ron has a dozen different models of harmonica all under $100 that
will exceed your expectations.
I work for Suzuki, we have a one year warranty. If you are worried about
breaking a reed on your practice harp, be assured we will fix it for
you--the only cost to you is shipping.
Seydel has an even longer warranty, I bet they will do the same.
Hohner? Not so much--but if you have been playing longer enough, you may
have discovered how to play without blowing out draw 4 or 5 (or blow 7).
My problem is that I like to carry around 40 harmonicas in different keys
and tunings, if I lose that case, there goes my whole schtick.
But I treated myself to a Joe Spiers Stage One Special 20 a few months
back, and it rewards me every time I play it.
Granted it now lives in my Big Ass Case, I will treasure it until it goes
away.
We are all going away, play today--if you can't afford a better harmonica,
take what you have, put a sign around your neck that says, "Help me buy a
better harmonica", and go play on the corner.
No, really!