[Harp-L] first harp

I'd like to make a further suggestion.   If you get an expendable harp like a pocket pal you can take it apart  and clean it with tooth paste.  file the reeds and get alternate tuning.   for example file the 5 draw 1/2 step and make country harp.  what happens is the 4 draw is perhaps the easiest bend to get and play early on.   The 5 draw is the most unforgiving.   In fact raise the 1,4,5,6 draw and  the7,9,10 blow and you can really practice your bends and eliminate the overblows to get a full chromatic scale..    It may not make sense now but you'll save years on learning and not being afraid of the harp.   I wish I could go into details but there is so much on other sites that will fill you in.   Then get a nice harp, relax play soft and clean.   let an amp  give the volume , dirt and grit.