Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica players playing percussion

I play harp in an Irish band and youre right in saying there are times when
a song does not need harp, I also play the bodhran ( Irish drum ). Its
definitely beneficial have another instrument up your sleeve if youre in a
gigging band. I would say I play 60% harp, 40% bodhran at most of our gigs.
I`m also the member of the band who took the time to learn the mixing desk
inside out so I`m also the sound guy for the band and that really does have
benefits when youre a harp player :-)

Gary