Re: [Harp-L] Help! How should I teach left handed players to hold

when I teach a beginner I like to use the word gasket a lot. I talk about
the what and why we would want to get a good grip and gasket and the result
that we are looking for sound wise. Hands and jawbones and cheek bones etc
are all different sizes and shapes. As Iceman said; what ever feels
comfortable. And I just add to that, comfortable and functional as well.
You want to eventually hold the harp (a gasket) consistently the same way
and to hold it (another gasket) airtight to your face in the same place
every time. All of this while trying to create the largest chamber possible
inside this airtight machine to get the most benefits added to your sound
choices.

The same holds true for teaching how to hold harp and mic at the same time.
The way to air tight and control is starting with gaskets in mind.

2 1/2 cents from me...Warren Bee