Re: [Harp-L] Help! How should I teach left handed players to hold their harmonica?

At 03:16 AM 6/20/2013, you wrote:
I am teaching a left handed harmonica player, but being right handed I just don't know the best way for them to hold the darn thing.

Does anyone have any advice on how I should teach this?

I'm left handed and have held the harmonica mainly in my left hand for nearly 50 years.

But your student should be encouraged to do whatever is comfortable. Which hand he winds up holding the harmonica in is - I'm sure you realizes this - of less important than if he holds it so that the low notes are on the left or on the right.

I presume that that preference is based on whatever you get used to when you start monkeying with a harp in the first place.