Re: [Harp-L] Why Musicians Hate Harp Players

the first mistake made in this thread is the wording of the post.
should have been "why other musicians hate harp players"

That bit of semantics aside, one of the first things I was taught when I started working here in LA in 1971 was what my first flute  teacher told me about how to approach the work: "your job is to make the people around you sound good"

While it was not always easy, it never failed to prove to be a great approach to the business of music.

Most difficult time I ever had was doing a date with one of those Spaghetti Western Whistlers.....we had unison lines....oboe and whistler.

I succeeded really well in totally failing to find his pitch.