Re: [Harp-L] Spiral Choosing the Right Key

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Greg Jones
<greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> a spiral can start wherever the the player wants.

Greg is right. I've thought about placing the pattern higher or lower on
the harp. Considerations such as, where I want the draw bends to occur.

My PDF post was to help first time buyers choose the harp they intended,
because Seydel is the only manufacturer I know of right now.

Lee Oskar made a logical path for standard harp players going into Melody
Maker and Natural Minor. Anchoring the Spiral to Draw 2 makes 2nd position
players very comfortable, and that's a good thing for growing Spiral's
popularity.

IN SPIRAL-TALK
Playing from draw 2 feels like a Melody Maker (at draw 2)
Playing from Draw 1 feels like a Natural Minor (at draw 2)
Playing from Draw 4 feels like holes 2 through 6 in second position.

Down the road...<grin> who knows?

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam