[Harp-L] Record Keeping

I've decided it's time to tune all my harps, or at least all the harps that ride in my gig case full-time.  Let's just say there are more than 12.

It occurs to me that down the road I might want to know when a harp was last tuned or worked on.  Maybe even as soon as next week, or tomorrow:  "Hmm, did I tune this one, yet, or not?"  I mean, obviously, if a harp is out of tune, I should tune it, but I'm thinking more in terms of periodic preventive maintenance.

Do any of you have schemes to keep track of what you've done to which harp and when?  I feel like I should give each one a serial number, or something.  And then, where on the harp to record the serial number, blah, blah, blah, it's bad enough that the key designation in white ink on black plastic combs rubs off after a while, etc., etc., etc.

Elizabeth H. (aka "Tin Lizzie")