[Harp-L] Micing a harp amp into the PA

  Yesterday someone posted, asking for tips about mic'ing an amplifier to a PA.   In one of Adam Gussow's Blues Harmonica Secrets Revealed instructional video's, Adam showed his gear: mics, amps, effects, etc.  Not sure, but I think he used a SM57 to mic his amp.  In that vid he said that it is better not to hang a mic in over the amp.  He put his mic on a stand to the left side of his speaker.  He said do not point the mic directly at the center of the cone.  He said that it sounds better to place the stand a little off center of the speaker and to point  the mic somewhere between the center of the cone and the outer edge of the cone.
  I'd like to know if anyone else notices the difference in tone by doing this.  Iirc, his amp had one single speaker but i think he might have also offered advice re amps with multiple speakers. Sorry i can't be of more help.  I tried to search for that video but couldn't find it.
Ron - FL Keys