[Harp-L] Suzuki Hammond HA-20 praise

As a harp repair guy, I get to experience many different makes and models.*
I just finished retuning an F Suzuki Hammond into Spiral High G, and I'm
impressed with this harp.

Aluminum comb
7 screws in the plates
(PLUS the 2 nut/bolt sets for the covers)
Steel reeds welded instead of riveted

Black enamel covers
Bright, clear hole numbers. Nice!

Steel reeds feel stiffer than brass as I work the tuning. They don't "give"
and flex as easily, but play VERY well. Harder reed material means a few
more strokes with the tuning tools to affect a change.

Soldering the reed tips to lower the pitch was just as easy as with brass
reeds. I'm a full-time Lee Oskar player, but I can recommend this harp!

*Yes, I sanitize harps with alcohol before delivering to the customer.
<grin>

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate
Learn Harmonica by Webcam