[Harp-L] Re: Subject: (was Toots called Howard a name), now Passing the torch: Yvonnick Prene

On Jun 6, 2013, at 11:10 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Oh Wow, Smokey--why didn't you ever tell me about this guy?

I don't like to reveal all my secrets lolol.

> I LOVE what I'm hearing here:
>
>  http://www.yvonnickprene.com/live/
>
> and if I didn't know it was him, I'd have sworn it was Toots.
>
> BTW, he's come to New York--and even taught a class this past Spring!

I think he might stick around a while. Especially if he gets some skype lesson work. That would be good.

> Very cool indeed, and he's cute! ;)
>
> Now I'm off to find some videos of his.....

The one thing I didn't care for was his exercise on Ko Ko. And I'm hoping he just did it AS an exercise. To show that he can handle anything. I DID notice that he did it more or less at his home studio? And that one needs to stay at home. It wasn't good when times was good. lol BUT, Randy Singer and Jazzman seemed to like it. So? what can I say? I mean his execution on it was super.

jo-jo