 From: "captron100@xxxxxxx" <captron100@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:21 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] tuning stainless steel reeds

Winslow Yerxa wrote:You may find it advantageous to solder a piece of brass to the end of the reed, as it's heavier than solder and can deliver more weight in less space.snip.....  The first lesson I learned in dealing with this is that you need acid flux and lead-free silver bearing solder (and therefore high temperatures) when you solder stainless steel.

The only time I ever tried to tune with solder, the solder ran into the reed slot and fused the reed inside the reed slot.  I wasn't able to remove it and chalked it up to experience (or lack of).  How do u keep the solder from running off the reed?
ron