Re: [Harp-L] tuning stainless steel reeds

And I would think it would help in keeping the solder off the rivet end, if one held the harp in a jig or a clamp of some sort to keep the reed vertical, with the rivet end up, n'est-ce-pas?

Robert
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vern" <jevern@xxxxxxx>
To: <captron100@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] tuning stainless steel reeds

There are several ways ways to keep solder out of the slot.

1. Place flux only where you want the solder to stick.

2. Coat the areas where you do not want the solder to stick with pencil lead.

3. Place a piece of paper between the reed and plate.

4. Keep solder away from the rivet end of the reed where it is ineffective anyway.

Vern