Re: [Harp-L] Micing a Harp Amp into the PA

When I mic a harp amp, I won't center the mic over the speaker, but will place it about 1/2 way between the center of the speaker and it's edge. Just my personal sound preference.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas E. McGovern <tmcg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Christopher Sprankle' <crsprankle@xxxxxxxxx>; harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Jun 5, 2013 2:01 pm
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Micing a Harp Amp into the PA

I also play harp with a really loud stage presence band, and I use only a
small 5 watt Fender amp (along with a custom mic from Dennis O. of Kansas
City--great mic).  I've had great success just mic-ing the amp to the PA
with a Shure SM57 on a stand perpendicular to the speaker, just off-center.
In addition to my floor monitor, I can use the amp on a stand behind me as
an additional monitor that only contains my harp and no other mix.
Tom McGovern
Richmond, MI