Re: [Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 117, Issue 45

I am trying to play chromatic more than diatonic these days, and would like
to include it in this discussion, since I reference position as part of my
concept on chrom.
Playing a C chromatic (in my case bebop tuned, so blow 4 and 8 are Bb) in A
is 4th position! Hope everyone agrees . . .
So to play the C#, F# and G# that are required for the key of A major, I
press a button. Hmm, sounds easy . . .
However, A major is one of the toughest keys to play smoothly on the chrom.
More to the point, any song that stays in any mode of A which I play on
this instrument can be considered to be in 4th position. So, Am, A7, A
major all qualify.
Lastly, even tho A is hard on the C chrom, I can't imagine playing, oh,
say, Amy by Pure Prairie League on a C diatonic. Anybody do that?