[Harp-L] Lester Butler

For a time I worked for PBS out of NYC and traveled on business quite a
bit, often to LA. At the time there was a standing blues night at a former
Chinese restaurant called King King and Lester's band held court there. His
combo, unlike all the George Smith styled bands  out west rocked hard, and
the scene was kind of amazing. True,  he was no innovator but so what, how
many of us are? He was on the other hand a super charged singer and
frontman, swaggered like a rock star. One night I was chilling between sets
on the bus stop bench out front and Lester came out and and we started
talking harp, amps, rectifier tubes, the usual stuff when Mick Jagger came
walking up. They embraced, we chatted some more then Mick went in and lit
the joint up singing and blowing Blues With a Feeling, Scratch My Back,
Raining in My Heart and bunch more, it was cool!
Trip

--
*Trip Henderson*
https://soundcloud.com/trip-henderson