Re: [Harp-L] 3D printing: harmonicas

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Tom Halchak <thalchak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> we're a long ways off from using 3D Printing

Hi Tom, and thank you.

My friends at Hacker's Lab in town gave me links to a site that accepts
your many photographs and makes the wire-frame, then the 3D solid model
FREE. And a second site that turns the model into a 3D printing program,
Free. I bring it in on an SD card, and they load and run it.

So I have free access to a 3D printer. The art objects I handled felt
smooth and perfect. What I don't know yet is the performance of the
materials.

Wayne at X-Harp (midi breath controller) tells me he has been using PLA
plastic, (harder than ABS) to make the mouthpiece and other housings. Have
not tried them yet, but will.

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam