FW: Re: [Harp-L] Taj Mahal

That’s a great story from Mr Sleigh - thanks Richard!

Like a couple of others here I was initially underwhelmed when, as a acolyte
of Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson etc, I first heard Taj Mahal’s harp
playing. I loved the groove and vibe of his music, but his harp playing
seemed rough and simple, not worth listening to compared to that of the
masters.

But the more I listened the more it grew on me, and I started to like and
appreciate its rawness and roughness. Taj is a master of playing what’s
right for the song.

Brendan Power

WEBSITES: www.brendan-power.com <http://www.brendan-power.com/>  ●
www.x-reed.com