Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Pro Harmonica Secrets Made Simple

Michael Peloquin writes:

"oops - thanks Hawkeye (you really are!)

Hey listbros &  sisses-

I am selling my modified Dan Echo. Please check it out the  auction- it is
a great sounding delay/echo pedal.
Check out my Harmonica  & Saxophone Instructional DVD's:  http://harpsax.com
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141017442484?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984
.m1555.l2649#ht_752wt_1045

I  use an MXR carbon copy now for those few times I am taking an amp to a
gig.

Thank you for your time and bandwidth.

Michael  Peloquin
Check out my Harmonica & Saxophone"

..And speaking of your instructional DVDs (nice segue),  Michael. :)

I had this all ready to send in and the timing seems fortuitous:

I know Michael Peloquin too from my many trips to SPAH. I've taken tons of
video of him playing onstage, offstage (when he'd no idea I was filming
him),  during Jason Ricci's famous Pre-SPAH Harp Blow-Offs where he'd play both
Harp  AND Sax AND Sing his head off (leaving us laid-out on the floor), so
I  think I can actually speak to his credentials as a HELLUVA harp player,
saxophonist, vocalist and perhaps now as a teacher.

In fact I spent some time thoroughly checking out the link provided by
Richard (thank you, Richard) and think Michael's DVDs are exactly what  I've
been waiting for to work on by myself to finally become more  comfortable on
diatonics, especially since I know Michael as both a chromatic  and diatonic
player. To my mind someone who plays both types equally well is  much more
likely to be able to help me since I've been so focused on chromatics.
Smokey also plays both instruments amazingly well and I've long since thought he
might be able to teach me but we simply live too far apart and don't have
enough  time at SPAH to spend focusing on diatonic lessons.

Not sure where anyone got the idea that Michael claims one will play
'overnight'. He doesn't say that. His statement is that if you want to play
'almost overnight' he'll hope you'll stay up all night (with his DVD lessons).
That's quite a big difference, at least in my book. He also makes it clear
that  IF you wish to take things slowly--it will take quite a bit longer.
Writes that  several times in fact, and makes clear he thinks it's perfectly
okay to do  so--to proceed at your own pace. He also emphasizes that his
approach and ideas  are different from most other instructors which is why he
feels he can make the  claims he does and that the most important factor is to
'keep it simple'. I can  further assure anyone here that I'm not remotely
naive and that Michael isn't  the type of musician who's prone to exaggeration
and does have the background  and creds to know whereof he
speaks..especially when it comes to both harmonicas  and saxophones. Just check out the long
list of pros he's worked with and his  musical background if there's any
doubt at all.

What Michael brings to HIS lessons is obviously a solid grounding and YEARS
 of pro experience as well as a very high work ethic. I've seen (and taped)
some  of this in action at SPAH. What I know OF him from mutual friends is
that he's a  consummate perfectionist - he no doubt spent a very long time
making sure  everything in the DVDs met his exacting standards before
allowing them to be  issued.

IMHO it's disingenuous to write a pre-emptive criticism about someone with
his high standing in our harmonica community or to denigrate any of his
claims--without first actually giving him an opportunity to prove himself with
 these DVDs since he does offer a full no questions-asked, 365-day,
money-back  guarantee (which is unheard of with this type of instruction).

Because I personally admire and like Michael Peloquin and think he just
might be the teacher I've been hoping would come along, I've ordered his  DVDs
since I find the price an amazing bargain based on the cost of the  average
harmonica lesson and I will give his instruction/teaching a fair and
objective evaluation--realizing that if he can teach ME to play a diatonic
decently (although I'm in no hurry and certainly don't expect to play well
overnight), he can teach absolutely anyone.

Elizabeth

"Message: 1