[Harp-L] Ohio State Championship Sat July 20th Chester, OH , Dennis Gruenling Workshop Sunday Aug 11th Huntington, WV, 7th WV State Harmonica Championship Sat Aug 25th

================= Ohio State Championship Sat July 20th at  5pm in Chester, OH

Chester Shade Historical Associationâs sponsors the Harmonica Championship to raise awareness about the harmonica to preserve it and educate future generations.

1st place $300; 2nd place $150; 3rd place $75; 4th place $25. The contest will be held on the commons under the big tent at 5pm

For more details go to the website http://www.chestercourthouse.com/harmonica.htm

Pat Missin will be one of the judges.

David Payne of Elk River Harmonica fame and I (Jim Rumbaugh) should be there, our friend Charlie Barath has asked how to get there, and I've seen Marvin Monroe every year I have gone. Danny G said he'll try to come too. Come join us for some harmonica fun. At least I consider it fun, I no longer consider this event a "serious competition", It's an opportunity to play in front of a small group under a tent, do some entertaining, get some recognition, and swap stories with other harp players. The bonus is, somebody gets to go home with some money.

Here is a Youtube of last year's 1st place winner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfuEmnpL63o

===================== Dennis Gruenling Workshop Sunday Aug 11th in Huntington, WV

Dennis and the whole Doug Deming band is coming to Huntington, WV Aug 11th for a harmonica workshop AND performance. Save that Sunday afternoon and night for a great musical experience. Venue and time to be announced.

=================== 7th WV State Harmonica Championship Saturday afternoon Aug 25th

The 7th WV State Harmonica Championship will be held Saturday afternoon Aug 25th.

It will be followed by the 2nd Harmonica Quadrathlon, where players will play a solo in 4 different styles of songs. Here is a Youtube link to the whole 1 hour 2013 Quadrathlon event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNiyYkn9LgY

Last year's winner was Charlie Barath

Plan to join us for one of these events here in the Ohio Valley.

Jim Rumbaugh

The Harmonica Club of Huntington, WV