Re: [Harp-L] Playing what works
- To: Tony Stephens <tnysteph@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Playing what works
- From: Eric Miller <miller.eric.t@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:25:51 -0400
- Cc: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=nxfGuxod0BJfIiGGajfEpG69k+8VU19TDFp6+Y/7fRQ=; b=m4i6Ua18X0CmCIY9rs8BI8F99eFmdiq7JyLEiqVpETWJ9o7h7l0VbfPjHudJrhWKGA LZ8baXsxMrdE5FfQElLnUbcUnHqwew2jqSW8F00tmdMVokg7B0U2TV6edI9TPPyCbXxx DJGZkGMCciFaJWU3TRIOeKQN8RYqup0dtiZ/eKtimzztQfcGLHjxi78KhvYuCWEwkAwZ s1YysqlVoF/NkHGO603dc116n28WL5ELzLIII3lZ3dGCsubevvpoPEdeKrLN8TkY8rjM 0tIH7C/LG5ZVxOHj/PZ/AK4yD/D4iBgkJYbx48e1PaNbij0+TLYDBSo7EtS9372nZbxz LmZQ==
- In-reply-to: <DDB01D46-B734-40D2-88C4-DFE9F70DEBD1@yahoo.com>
- References: <DDB01D46-B734-40D2-88C4-DFE9F70DEBD1@yahoo.com>
Django Reinhardt only had two working fingers on his fretting hand.
your analogy below seems to frame u blocking as a handicap, though. Its
absolutely not! Its an equally useful color in your ever growing palette,
which will eventually include the colors of pucker and tb....or maybe not.
Enjoy the natural relationship that evolves between you, your instrument,
and the music you choose to play. Its all about music...learn complete
songs, play music, and make yourself happy. Brighten the lives of those
around you with some music...without concern for how you arrive at that
Its not about technique. Read the "technique is cheap" section of this
article...its all about content: music.
Rock on Tony!
On Jul 14, 2013 1:42 PM, "Tony Stephens" <tnysteph@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The banjo player in band Mountain Heart, as best as I can tell in a
> YouTube video, has no fingers on his left hand. Man he is good on the
> banjo. I would have never guess he was playing that way. Billy Joe Shaver
> is missing 2 finger on his right hand & still plays the guitar well.
> If it works for you then work with it. Still have an open mind to try new
> I will continue to use u-blocking, but will keep trying to improve on the
> pucker & TB. Thanks for all the advice here at Harp-L.
> Sent from my iPhone
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and