 From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH award nominations--who's nominated, and how is the winner chosen?

Winslow Yerxa wrote:
<The names of people and entities nominated for SPAH awards have not been announced in the past. Whether to do it in the future is <worth discussing.

Why not do it now?  What are you waiting for?

Can you imagine what people would think of the Grammies or the Academy Awards if nominees for awards were not announced?  And anyway, what's the point of winning if you don't know who the competition was?

Finally, nominees might well consider it an honor to be nominated, and that's an honor that should not be denied to them.

I don't see a good reason not to announce candidates.  What's the point of the secrecy?

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick