Re: [Harp-L] Pucker

 Tony Stephens wrote:
<I need to vent! I do not know why the pucker I so hard for me when playing by tabs. U blocking came easy. I think I need to be <able to do both. The only thing I know to do..... Practice!
<Any other advice?

There are lots of possible reasons why a pucker might not be working for you--the way you hold the harp, the position of your lips, etc., etc.  Without seeing you play, I wouldn't offer any advice, except to find a teacher who can observe you and tell you what to change.  If there's no teacher nearby, check out Youtube, or find someone who offers lessons via Skype--Adam Gussow, Michael Rubin, and Michael Peloquin come to mind immediately.

Practicing is a good thing to do, but not if your technique isn't working--in that case practicing tends to reinforce your mistakes, as opposed to getting you over them.  So take a lesson or two from someone who knows what they're doing, THEN practice.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick