Re: [Harp-L] PFOS Tickets available for Skokie, New Haven, Austin, Houston, Westbrook, and Santa Rosa

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeff Baker  wrote:

> That's it ? ! Those are the ONLY cities ? I'm in Atlanta , short of driving to Houston that's as close as it gets sheesh ! How can the rest of the country view it ? ? ? PLEASE advise !
> Thanks , JB

You can request a screening in your own town. That's what I'm doing, and hopefully soon Ann Arbor will be added to the list. My understanding is that there are about 50 cities total that have made requests, but Tugg needs to make arrangements for all of them—find willing venues, set up the sites for each city, etc. As arrangements are solidified, more cities will pop up on the list.

By the way, when you request a screening in your city, you become the "Promoter" for that screening. While Tugg creates a website for the screening and handles ticket sales, and the venue may do some publicity for it, it's the Promoter's job to do the bulk of the publicizing and get enough people to buy tickets to make it actually happen. If enough people don't buy tickets, the screening doesn't happen (and those who did buy tickets get their money back).

One more thing, the Promoter makes money if things go well enough. Once Tugg and the venue clear a certain amount of profit, a percentage goes to the Promoter. I expect to make squat—I'm doing this because I want to see the movie—but it's nice to know you *can*make a little scratch for your efforts.

JP