Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Hoodoo

Ditto on the Fireball. Got two of them. I love it for acoustic blues and it's a great recording mic.
----- Original Message ----- From: <MundHarp@xxxxxxx>
To: <jdeall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Hoodoo

I like the Audix Fireball V ...
And YES it has a volume control!
A very good harp mike!
John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in snowy Scotland.

In a message dated 1/21/2013 3:21:40 P.M. GMT Standard Time, jdeall@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've tried the hoodoo and found it very lacking, thin on tone and when
pushed to keep up w/ a loud band it starts clipping. I also find the finger
mics lacking for similar reasons, but that's more about my style, I'm sure
Mad Cat who sounds great using them will have a very different opinion.

Stay away from the new green bullet, as it has a cheap Chinese element
last I checked. For my money if you like the feel of a 57, look for and older
545. If not, there are some really great harp mic sellers on this list.

Thanks Jerry,