Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Hoodoo

You canât go wrong with the bulletized 57 or 545, I love the sound of the 57, and have used it for decades.  It is so versatile from acoustic micâing, cabinet micâing, drums and harp.  Greg Huemann is great to deal with as well on his bulletizer products.

Over the counter, Iâve had the best luck and sound with Shaker products, I know they are unpopular but I think that both the standard dynamic and crystal micâs are great products â you do need to EQ them but I think they sound great live and in the studio.  I havenât been a fan of crystal micâs but I do like the sound of the Shaker crystals through the right amplifier.

I disagree a bit with the comment on the 520dx, because I think with a good preamp and/or EQ setup you can get good sounds out of the newer green bullets.  But Iâm a fan of Shure micâs, Iâve used them for decades.  I havenât tried that with the other available micâs like the bluesblaster, roadhouse or fireballs.

good luck,
kma