Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Smokey's Georgia

I videorecorded your performance there too (this is Smokey's 'subtle'
reminder to me to get a copy out to him).<G>

I actually thought someone else had a better angle than I did (at the back
of the room standing against the wall so without a stable surface for my
small  tripod, causing some bobbling here and there although the sound is
good). I had thought I'd watched another version up on youtube at one  point?

Nevertheless, I'll see what I can do to get a master DVD out to Smokey when
 possible. Posting it will be up to him or... ?

Too much going on at home for me to take care of getting what I have onto
YouTube myself. At some point I will do it--Slim pointed me to a great idea
on  how to go about this and that's probably the angle I'll follow, but
right  now you'll have to take my word for it that the sound guy at Williamsburg
was  really great making Smokey's playing sound all the better. It's true:
a good  sound guy can make or break your performance.

Elizabeth

"Message: 8
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 00:41:54 -0500
From: Joseph Leone  <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:  Michael Easton <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Harp L Harp L  <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

When I went to my first spah (1991), even  though I had 22 years at my
current job and was already 49 years old, I was  still 'wheeeey' down the
seniority list. It only took 6 1/2 guys to literally  EAT up the summer. And I was
#20 out of 27. I put the 5 days together by saving  holidays ( I worked
most holidays..so they owed me). I think my 2011 slot at  Williamsburg may have
been better...but I have never seen it. A little more  modern. 'Late in the
Evening', 'I love you just the way you are', 'Boogie on  Raggae woman',
'Crazy', etc.

smo-joe

On Jan 18, 2013, at 2:56  PM, Michael Easton wrote:

> Smojoergia,
>
> I finally had  a chance to view the video. While I was at the 2010 fest I
missed your  performance. I'll hang for the jazz jam next time.
> Great take on the  song.
>
> You might "Meet Me in St. Louis" this year. I finally  have control of my
vacations and enough time off to make the trek.