Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar

And for those of you too young to remember, Lee Oskar was a consistent supporter of American Harmonica Newsletter (later Newsmagazine) for many years, if not the entire nearly 20-year life span of the monthly periodical. It ceased publication in 2005 on the death of its publisher Al Eichler. I never met him personally but talked to him and his wife over the years.

Phil Lloyd

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Coble <robertpcoble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Jan 17, 2013 7:35 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar

The following was posed in a recent post:

"Now a question about Lee Oskar the person. Does he still perform?
I don't think that I've ever seen a message here that anyone has ever
seen Lee perform at some place or other and that he was great, good or
just so-so."

A search of the Harp-L Archive turned up 2588 hits on "Lee Oskar".

A search of YouTube turned up 2700+ hits on "Lee Oskar".

According to Danny Wilson (Mr. Bass Harp), Lee has "retired" from WAR. He
continues to perform as "Lee Oskar and Friends" (also sometimes known as
"PEACE").

Lee is one of the "gods" of the harmonica world. He can hold his own on stage
with anyone. He is a great musician!

Lee is also one heck of a nice person, based on my personal experience talking
with him on the phone. I am a NOBODY, yet he was very helpful and spent time
determining what I was looking for, rather than just giving me a perfunctory
reply. That is a rarity in today's business world.

Regards,
Crazy (about all things Lee Oskar, including his signature Tombo harps AND his
playing AND the man himself!) Bob