Re: [Harp-L] Useage of looping gear

Son of Dave is absolutely brilliant at using a looper as an instrument.  I
think people look at the rig and assume it is pretty straightforward, but
it isn't.  Everything that he does is extremely inventive and clever.  What
I enjoy most is his ability to create arrangements.  Most people, including
myself, limit the use of the looper to basic progressions.  I tried to do
more complicated progressions, but what I've failed at is being able to
quickly create b sections to songs.

In the end, I've always appreciated the ability to create basic band sounds
and fantastic songs.  I really owe it to myself to get back to more
playing...I, in fact, have a couple of acoustic leads to follow up with
this week, but summer might be a good time to revisit some solo looping.
 My issue being I have no interest beyond one set and would rather play
with someone else.

The most fun I had was doing some looping with a guitar player.  That was
fun!
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com