Subject: [Harp-L] jason's back

Well said, Garry, and you've been a good friend to J over the years
--videorecording his gigs at every New York, New Jersey show; getting his  earlier
audio recordings out to the public--all for free.

Much appreciated.

I SO wish I could have gotten to this one, but it wasn't meant to be. I'll
be there for the next. The boy is definitely back where he belongs and
where  he's genuinely loved. He has a lot of fans up here. I've just watched 3
of the  videos on your site and the reaction to 'Walk with Me' by the
audience is very  telling. Who'd a thunk a Lower East Side Manhattan audience would
react that  way?

Gino is a force of nature all by himself and WHERE did this bassist (also
named Jason) come from? J has a way of finding THE most amazing musicians,
doesn't he? Wow.

Best, Elizabeth

"Message: 4
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:27:59 -0500
From: Garry  <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp- L  <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>

went to opening night of jason's new tour  at terra blues in nyc.
wonderful show. the boy can still bring it. and it's  great to see him back
on his feet, up there where he belongs, doing  *that*.

got a bunch of video, which i'll be getting out over time.  here's
the first, from the end of the second  set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRpb7EcrtFk

note that jason  calls a lot of instructions before and after songs.
this was literally the  first time they had played together, so he
was arranging it in realtime.  pretty cool, and probably pretty
educational as well.

if there's any  way you can get to tonight's gig or any of the
others on this "i'm a new man"  tour, please do so. aside from
seeing a great show, it's good for us to  support one of our own
as he's getting his life together after hard  times.

everybody has hard times. that's the blues. it's getting  through
them that matters. and you do that with friends.

--
We  make a living from what we get,
but we make a life from what we give.