Subject: [Harp-L] REtirement from Videos and Posts

Roger, I fear you may have misunderstood my point a bit.

 Giving a single 'kudo' to another shouldn't (at least in my eyes)  warrant
an automatic harp-l response, especially from those who've written  books,
produced CD's, posted videos and the like. If everyone felt  obligated to do
so for fear of causing offense, the list would be inundated  with back and
forth one-line compliments and thank-yous taking up an  incredible amount of
time and band-width and busy people wouldn't have time to  get anything
done. If you notice I was referring to a long-standing  friendship involving
comments made over a long time period and more specifically  to YouTube videos
and other personal boosting of a person's talents and skills.  I did
consider David Payne a friend which prompted my response to his  comment.

Sorry about the confusion. I think the point some of us are trying to make
is that we can behave as adults and not take offense at perceived 'slights'
 where none are intended.

Elizabeth

"Message: 2
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:20:37 -0600
From: Roger Beck  <beckmeister1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

(snipped)

"I wrote earlier that  I am guilty of not writing to compliment in an
earlier post. Thank you Elizabeth  for reminding me
of the last time I DID respond in that fashion to someone.  I sent a "job
well done" to a certain author of harmonica books for  dummies
and received exactly the response you're mentioning above. Nada!  Makes you
feel real insignificant to the cognoscenti and also says
ta heck  with that!  Roger