Re: [Harp-L] big harmonicas

very interesting.  I would say most of the pictures I've noticed with these
big harps are indeed mostly old-school players whose body of work seems to
be completely cross harp on the diatonic, and no tunes that suggest to be
on the chromatic.

Now that I think of it, most of the images I'm referring to are from
Pandora album covers.  I'll bet they use chromatics frequently for that
even if the artist never played one in their life (although I'm sure many
did as you suggest).  The chromatic is simply more photogenic due to its
size...makes sense to use a larger one to make it more prominent/visible on
the album as opposed to a tiny 10 hole.