Re: [Harp-L] Chromatic Problem

With careful examination, you should be able to see a gap somewhere in the right end of the harp.

If the problem occurs with the button pushed AND not pushed, chances are the problem is a gap in/under the mouthpiece and slide.  If the problem occurs with the button pushed OR not pushed, it is likely that the problem is a gap under a reedplate.

Look at the back and end to see if the reedplates look snug to each other and to the comb. Look down on the place where the mouthpiece assembly touches the front of the reedplate and cover.

Also make certain that the covers are snug against the plates and mouthpiece.

As a last resort, remove the mouthpiece assembly and look at the front of the comb and reedplates.  Make certain that the reed bases are not under the comb partitions.

Please let us know if any of the above finds the problem.

Vern