[Harp-L] Re: Setting the tempo

Elizabeth -- I remember years ago being very nervous counting off the  very
first song that I led so I know your pain.

I got this from watching Pierre Beauregard.  I start playing the song  in
my mind and then start snapping my fingers -- even while giving directions to
 everyone on the key, etc. I keep snapping and make sure that I make eye
contact with the drummer ('cause if he don't get if right you're screwed --
there's no adjusting after the downbeat) and then I count it  off.

Dave Watson
Alexandria, Va.