[Harp-L] 8. Re: Les is More !,-) (Sandy Weltman)

I remember the first few years when I first started playing harmonica, the two players I listened to most were Howard Levy and Don Les. I always thought of Howard as being exceptionally creative while going against the grain of the harmonica and I thought of Don Les as being exceptionally creative while going With the grain of the harmonica. Don was a master at arpeggios with which he crafted some amazing solos, especially back then. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he very occasionally throw in an overblow. I haven't listened to it in a while and I could be wrong, but if I remember right, didn't  he use an overblow on the recording of "As Time Goes By"?
I remember meeting him at SPAH in Detroit in the early nineties. He was quite a character (in a good and funny way).
I also make sure that my students give him a listen. Don is surely one of the true pioneers of the diatonic harmonica - Sandy