Re: [Harp-L] The first song to usher in the New Year, every year

You can hear my instrumental version of "Auld Lang Syne," recorded a few years ago, here:

http://www.hunterharp.com/all-hunters-downloads-in-one-place/

Scroll down the page until you see the title.  You can hear it for free; the recording is available for sale via download for $1.

This version is based on a sampled New Orleans drum groove, and it's got a very laidback, cheerful feel.  Chromatic harmonicas, organ, bass, and lead guitar (actually a strumstick, mic'd up with a contact mic and amped up, I forget how--could've been Line6 Amp Farm on the computer, could've been an RP, could've been the Crate VC508) were played by me; electric rhythm guitar was played by my brother Mark Hunter.  It's been a while since I did this, and I don't remember how I recorded the harp--it might have been done with me about 6" in front of an Audio-Technica AT4050 CM5 mic into a Roland MP modeling preamp, which was my preferred setup for recording acoustic harp before I acquired the Fireball mic. I like the sounds I get in the studio now better, mainly because my room isn't a great room for recording acoustic instruments, and with a Fireball mic I can handhold to eliminate room acoustics completely while still getting a very nice acoustic tone.

The whole thing was recorded, mixed, and mastered on Cakewalk Sonar in my home studio.

Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter