[Harp-L] posting guidelines

A quick reminder, the paragraphs below are excerpted from the rules of
harp-l.  They also apply to events even exciting harmonica specific
events.  I've been quite liberal in administering these policies recently.
 Tolerance being I hope a 2 way street I'd ask that folks meet me half way
and be considerate in their posting frequencies when promoting their
events.  Please understand that this post is not intended to address any
specific instance.  My intent is to address the trend.  So please keep us
informed about these exciting opportunities while  endeavoring to observe
our posting guidelines, thank you, harp-l-listowner

   Gig postings - Where to send them

   In general Harp-L is not a place for posting gig announcements.
   The preferred way to get gig notices on Harp-L is to post them
   to the Harpers' International Giglist, maintained since 1996
   through the generosity, dedication, and hard work of Danny
   Wilson. (For instructions see
   http://www.bassharp.com/itininfo.htm). Danny updates the
   online giglist constantly, and he posts a copy of it
   every Wednesday to Harp-L and to other Internet harmonica lists.

   Occasionally it's appropriate to post a gig notice directly. A
   gig may arise or be canceled on short notice. And some gigs
   perhaps merit special attention. As always, be guided by
   courtesy and good judgment. There are many players on the
   list, and most would like to publicize their gigs.

and this,

   Commercial Content  -  Buy my stuff!

   As long as you are a "contributing member" of the list, and what you
   are posting is directly related to the harmonica, and you keep it to
   just a brief description and a URL (pointer, reference) to the mother
   lode, and you don't post more than once a month, and and and ... it's
   OK to send commercial announcements to the list.  If Owner-Harp-L
   asks you to no longer post your announcement, the request should be
   heeded.