Re: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar's two octave down

Robert Hale wrote:
<
<Richard Hunter:
<
<I love my Korg Pandora, but one sound it doesn't do well is 2 octaves down.
<
<   - One octave down only approaches 50/50 mix, no more
<   - pitch transposer gets very gritty and chattery
<   - Synthesizer is fun but doesn't always track my trigger notes rapidly
<   and precisely
<
<Lee was using a Digitech pedal for 2 octaves down, plus an envelope
<follower. Fine results.
<
<What's been your success with RP's?

The RP's pitch shifter is one of its most brilliant features.  it tracks instantly, it tracks from the top of the harmonica's range to the bottom, it tracks chords accurately as well as single notes, and it will shift the pitch anywhere from 2 octaves down to 2 octaves up (the latter of which is a little too squeaky on most harmonicas).  12 years ago, I bought my first RP200 about 2 minutes after I tried the pitch shifter for the first time.  It was that good then, and the version in the newer RPs is  better.

The only pitch shifters I've tried that do more than an RP are the ElectroHarmonix HOG and POG.  These devices give you multiple pitch shifters running in parallel, and the resulting sound is pretty amazing.  However, the POG and HOG don't do anything besides pitch shifting, and the least expensive of these devices is over twice the cost of an RP355.

Thanks, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick