[Harp-L] Carbon Fiber Reeds, 3D printing, plastic metal adhesion technology...?

All,

>From my out of the box (mind?) POV here in Berkeley and as a 'Joe McGee'
engineer and semi-retired
mechanician<http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mechanician>

What can you tell me about the possibility of carbon fiber reeds,
products, experimentation. Is that just a crazy notion?

After a a very cursory look at CF engineering specs, machine-ability, modulus
of elasticity <http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/young-modulus-d_417.html> and
so on the notion does not seem improbable to me. Seems to me that there is
a 'there <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gertrude_Stein>' there but I am not
aware of that there.

Also, I am aware of new metal plastic integration / adhesion
technology<http://www.liteonmobile.com/news/new-metal-plastic-integration-technologies-available-for-market-in-june>,
very interesting stuff that is currently being used in the construction of
light weight pad, cell and laptop construction. That adhesion technology
might some day benefit harmonica construction I am thinking.

And then...  (says the crazy man from Berkeley) there is this whole idea of 3D
printing <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3D_printing>...

I promise I will get back in 'the box' but would like to know what this
group of harp techs and players have to say / know about any of this and or
other any other high tech possibilities, seems to me that there are indeed
possibilities.

Be nice to hear what you all have to say...?

John Ingham
Berkeley CA

www.linkedin.com/in/jeingham
http://www.facebook.com/harpjunky